Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Musings about 2008

I wonder what the new year, 2008, will bring? There are some things I know for sure...my 4 grandbabies will continue to grow. My daughter and her husband will continue to be excellent parents, loving each other, their 4 beautiful kids, and the Lord. My husband will continue to lose weight on his way to his goal weight and the long-awaited prize of a new motorcycle. However, I am floundering. I have gone from having a position within a ministry to not having one and no outlook at having one soon. I have gone from having one semi-good knee to needing 2 knee replacements in order to get some of my life back. I have gone from working to not working, producing an income to not contributing to our household. I have gone from being an anomaly to being a rarity. I know, what's the difference? An anomaly was when I didn't know what the issue was with my body. A rarity is knowing I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. There are a lot of things I'd like to forget about this past year, but probably won't. There are a lot of this I don't want to forget about this past year, but probably will. Life is sure funny that way.

It will be interesting to say the least. Time and the Lord will tell.

No comments: