Saturday, January 12, 2008

I Have Faith, Believe It or Not!

I am starting to believe that there is help for me. I talked with someone today that assured me that I am not out of my mind. I really do matter and more than that, it is God that cares the most. He will see me through anything. So, now I have to remember when the enemy tries to cloud my mind that Jesus has already taken care of the situation. I have but to allow Him to work and stay out of the way. That's not to say I'm not to do anything. I am to pray and praise and have faith. I can do that.

When I consider all the things I have gone through in my life, it is with humble thanks to my Lord that I can even get out of bed in the morning. He has given me a will to persist in the face of adversity. By His grace, I am a survivor. All honor and praise are to Him.

On another note, I have so many requests for prayer. One friend's job is in transistion and her husband needs a job. Plus, they need to sell their house and downsize. Another friend's husband has been without a job for over 3 months and they just found out they are expecting a baby late summer. Plus, they have been served with eviction papers. My husband's co-worker is still working through a miscarriage and a broken relationship. My mom is fighting some type of gallbladder/kidney thing - they are not exactly sure what. I need her healthy by the time I have my knee replacements so she can come stay with us and help me (not to sound too needy.)

I am really looking forward to having the knee replacements. It will be great to wake up without pain. It will be wonderful to be able to walk with my husband again. It will be nice to be active again. I miss that ability - the ability to move without pain. I am expecting to be able to walk around Nashville in July and not be in a wheelchair like last year's convention. Plus, it will be easier to continue losing weight if I can add movement to my lifestyle choices.

Well, it's late and I need to go route Chuck out of the hot tub so we can go to bed. That's all I have to say for now.

No comments: